Skype loading error, Home page won't load and won'...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype loading error, Home page won't load and won't update.

[ Edited ]

A few problems:

1. I always get the following message when loading skype;
DISK I/O error. Right-click the skype icon in the windows taskbar at the bottom right of your screen and choose quit. Then restart skype. If you keep seeing this error contact Skype customer support.

2. The home page never loads when I log in, just has the blue circle animation on loop.

3. When I check for updates, it just closes itself midway or when it does hit 100% it doesn't do anything.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling which gave me version 5.3, but then I found a link on this forum for 5.5. So I'm on 5.5 now but still having the same problems.

Thanks.

This widget could not be displayed.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Benlaw92 wrote:

A few problems:

DISK I/O error. Right-click the skype icon in the windows taskbar at the bottom right of your screen and choose quit. Then restart skype. If you keep seeing this error contact Skype customer support.

2. The home page never loads when I log in, just has the blue circle animation on loop.

3. When I check for updates, it just closes itself midway or when it does hit 100% it doesn't do anything.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling which gave me version 5.3, but then I found a link on this forum for 5.5. So I'm on 5.5 now but still having the same problems.

Thanks.

Please see this: http://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10143/Why-do-I-get-a-Disk-I-O-error-when-I-try-to-sign-in-to-Skype

View solution in original post
Benlaw92
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (4,271 Views)

Re: Skype loading error, Home page won't load and won't update.

Benlaw92 wrote:

A few problems:

Thanks.

Please see this: http://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10143/Why-do-I-get-a-Disk-I-O-error-when-I-try-to-sign-in-to-Sk...

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 575
Message 2 of 6 (4,072 Views)

Thanks, that might have solved the DISK I/O thing.
But I'll just assume the update and home screen thing gets fixed in the next update.

Benlaw92
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (4,068 Views)

There seems to be an issue with the Skype server and the Home page at the moment, for some. If all your other Skype functions are currently working, it should return back to normal soon. Skype is aware of this issue and working on it.

If you are having other issues besides the Skype home issue, please post them here.

That said, some have stated that stopping Skype, clearing their browser cache for IE ("Internet Explorer") and deleting thier temp files and starting Skype has resolved their issues. Others have said it has not.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 575
Message 4 of 6 (4,061 Views)

New hard drive, when I sign in to skype it takes me to account page and not page to make calls

gilliland30
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (3,267 Views)

gilliland30 wrote:

New hard drive, when I sign in to skype it takes me to account page and not page to make calls

Have you actually installed Skype program on your computer?

www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5812
Message 6 of 6 (3,263 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling