Skype keeps switching itself to "Offline" status

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype keeps switching itself to "Offline" status

When I sign into skype, after a few minutes of inactivity on the pc, it will automatically switch itself offline. When I switch it back online, the same thing will happen. It never did this before. What happened, and how can I stop it?

dragoon1530
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (5,335 Views)

Re: Skype keeps switching itself to "Offline" status

Maybe it's a security setting on your thing, if your idle and not in a call it'll set you as offline so you don't get spammed with calls? Try going to Do Not Disturb and see if that works.

booyadragon
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (5,209 Views)

dragoon1530 wrote:

When I sign into skype, after a few minutes of inactivity on the pc, it will automatically switch itself offline. When I switch it back online, the same thing will happen. It never did this before. What happened, and how can I stop it?

Are you using a wireless network nearby other possible wireless networks, like near or in an apartment/condo like building that might be on your same wireless channel?

If so, please see this free program that can tell you if this is causing you issues as well.

http://virtualtelephoneservices.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8

Also.

Using the main Skype client program window please do:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection

Please uncheck the enable uPnP checkbox and click the "Save" button.

Stop/Start Skype

Any better?

Note: If this works, you should disable this at the router/AP level.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 582
Message 3 of 5 (5,205 Views)

This is driving me nuts now. Tried everthing I can find, tried both Win8 and desktop version and both bug bigtime. I CAN'T set my status to anything as it instantly switches me back to offline no matter if I'm actively chatting or not. I can still chat and get messages, but everyone see me as offline all the time (even while chatting).

SteinerKD
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (3,711 Views)

Yes, it's doing the same thing for me...and it's very frustrating....Can't seem to find any help for it anywhere.
????
ItzchakM
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (3,698 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling