Skype keeps opening a Index page

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype keeps opening a Index page

Hello,

Im a new user and recently downloaded Skype. Im using it right now, and when I try to click on anything in the programs login window it launchs Firefox to a index page showing the contents of the install directory.. I can't sign in or anything. Im not sure whats going on right now but its kind of odd. I can't use the program what so ever either.

ImGumbalicious
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (842 Views)

Re: Skype keeps opening a Index page

I have the same problem here. Its PISSING ME THE ----- OFFFF
aznFighre
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 13 (650 Views)

I think there are a few issues here. As far as I know, Skype was taken over by Microsoft fairly recently. I imagine this is a new marketing strategy that has been introduced. The periodic startup is probably buried deep in the program and there will be no way to stop it happening. In reality, the insignificant number of people who complain about it, or just accept it without complaining, is of little interest to Skype. With hundreds of millions of users it's like whistling in the wind. I agree totally with people who complain they are just being fobbed off with, try this, or try that. I think we are being fobbed off. Perhaps if they tried switching the computer off and on it might help? Anyway, I am by nature a skeptic but this is business and if Skype thinks it can get more revenue with this sort of irritating behaviour they will continue to do so. It's only when their users desert them in droves will they change their minds, and I doubt if that is going to happen. In any case, you will just be switching from one Microsoft product to another.

Aristotle
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]

it's doing it to me too and im at a complete loss...

after i had a skype call with a friend, my skype crashed and when i reopened it it started downloading the newest version of skype.

whenever i try to login it opens a new tab in chrome and gives me a :

Index of C:\ProgramData\Skype\Apps\login\

page.

i tried to reinstall skype from skype.com but it is still giving me this same stupid error!!!

ikillthescene
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (636 Views)

It's still not working!

Is there anyone who has ANY idea how to fix this? It's kind of sad that they haven't addressed or fixed this.. I'm trying to actually make use of the program and because of this error I literally cannot use the program!

ImGumbalicious
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (622 Views)

come on skype. i cant believe this. ive been using this program for the last 3 years, never having a problem and when i do have a problem i get absoluetely no help.

ikillthescene
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (608 Views)

It's doing the same exact thing to me and being a college student (with Skype being the only way I can talk to my mom) it's very annoying...anyone have any ideas?!

tiffyj_777
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 13 (605 Views)

dude, i hear ya. i moved to beijing to learn chinese and skype is pretty much the only thing i have to keep in contact with my family and friends in america....
ikillthescene
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 13 (603 Views)

anyone have any solutions? i just tried installing it again and it opens the index page once again.

ikillthescene
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (565 Views)

I think the problem you are experiencing is the same or similar to the one being discussed in the thread below.  please visit the thread to see if the suggestion there would also work in your case.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-5-5-application-launches-browser/m-p/94146#M9789

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1518
Message 10 of 13 (562 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling