Skype keeps crashing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype keeps crashing

Hi, I have been having problems with my Skype just suddenly disappearing after being on a video call for 4 minutes or less. I am getting very frustrated. I have checked for updates (I currently have version 5.5), I have uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the .xml thing in the folder; I dont know what to do anymore.......Help please?

Primemover
Power User

Accepted Solution

please visit the link pasted below for basic troubleshooting procedures that may help resolve or fix the problems you are experiencing;

Skype Problems Troubleshooting Procedures (Windows)

When you reply to this post, please also specify the actions you have taken, any progress or any noticeable differences, or any information or observation that you feel is important or related to the issue, so other users can advise or assist you further.

View solution in original post
undeadgoddess
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (5,753 Views)

Re: Skype keeps crashing

ONTOP OF THAT my contact at the other end of the call keeps freezing.......this new skype SUCKS......and it just disconnected and wont let me sign back in URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do i get the old skype back!!! NEVER had these troubles before!!

undeadgoddess
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 12 (5,422 Views)

please visit the link pasted below for basic troubleshooting procedures that may help resolve or fix the problems you are experiencing;

Skype Problems Troubleshooting Procedures (Windows)

When you reply to this post, please also specify the actions you have taken, any progress or any noticeable differences, or any information or observation that you feel is important or related to the issue, so other users can advise or assist you further.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1303
Message 3 of 12 (5,418 Views)

so...... i tried "cleaning skype folders/files part a/b, first deleted 'shared.xml' restarted and then deleted the '-temp- files (I had 208 '-temp' files yipes :S). So I am hoping this worked.......will post back......

didnt work.........gonna try loading an older version

undeadgoddess
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (5,410 Views)

older version is working perfect!! thank u!!

undeadgoddess
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (5,405 Views)

nice to hear that but just again would like to remind you that using an older version could only be a temporary solution.  hope the next Skype updates would fix the issues you are experiencing.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 6 of 12 (5,403 Views)

I hope so too!!! Thanks so much hun for helping me!! <3

undeadgoddess
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (5,398 Views)

you're welcome, Undeadgoddess.  :happy:

Primemover
Power User
Message 8 of 12 (5,395 Views)

Here are two error messages that I've got:

Fault bucket -2038547023.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at microsoft....

-----------

Faulting application Skype.exe, version 5.5.0.114, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000204.

gb_spew
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (5,254 Views)

gb_spew wrote:

Here are two error messages that I've got:

Fault bucket -2038547023.

-----------

Faulting application Skype.exe, version 5.5.0.114, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000204.

Fault bucket errors generally have to do with memory problems, including problems with RAM, please run this to test if your RAM maybe bad: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 655
Message 10 of 12 (5,248 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling