Skype is bugged for months now

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype is bugged for months now

Hi,

I trued to ignore the problem, but I can't use skype like that anymore.

First of all I am using skype version 5.3.0.108 because any other version will not work on my laptop. I can't upgrade it, I can't fix it anyhow. Whenever I try to install new version it installs properly (no errors) but... skype window is totally empty, it does not have any options on top, window is blue (nothing inside), I can't log in, log off, get any options- NOTHING. I tried to change the administration settings, other windows service packs, whatever- still nothing.

Skype 5.3.0.108 is the only one that actually lets me to log in and talk to people but it is also bugged- I can't add contacts by myself. The window which is supposed to hold the "add contact" button is empty, all I can do is ask someone to add me and just press "yes" when I get the invitation. I can't really do video conversations, I am missing most of skype features and it's been months since I have no idea what to do with it.

I am using Windows 7, My laptop is pretty new (1 year), I am not missing any drivers, or whatever. One day it just tried to upgrade skype automatically and since that the program will not work for me anymore. I even tried to delete all skype features from my computer and.. It's missing my archive and half of my contacts since then but the problem was still never solved.

Can anyone suggest what can I do to get it back to normality and possibly finally get new version to work?

Please....

bunny_kou
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (363 Views)

Re: Skype is bugged for months now

[ Edited ]

You can update to the current version, 5.9.0.114, via this link:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Then the blank blue signin screen is a known problem.  You can correct is with the steps outlined in this article from the Knowledgebase:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-Knowledge-Base/Empty-sign-in-log-in-window/ta-p/630627

Just be sure to follow the steps specific to your version of Windows and Internet Explorer.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 941
Message 2 of 2 (350 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling