Skype is blocked from the Internet

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype is blocked from the Internet

My Skype is being blocked from the Internet since a couple of days, and I don't know why.

My Laptop crashes once in a while, but it has never been a big problem before. I uninstalled and reinstalled Skype as well, but nothing is working. I don't know what to do, please help me! Thank you so much!

katharinaz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (4,984 Views)

Re: Skype is blocked from the Internet

it is being blocked on my computer as well. this is a new laptop ive had for a little over a month and came with norton which is what is notifying me of it being blocked from internet access. plase help!

Chemicalrain
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 8 (4,949 Views)

Chemicalrain wrote:

it is being blocked on my computer as well. this is a new laptop ive had for a little over a month and came with norton which is what is notifying me of it being blocked from internet access. plase help!

Most likely you need to configure Norton’s Firewall/Antivirus to allow Skype to access Internet.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6299
Message 3 of 8 (4,942 Views)

mine too is also a new laptop and recently days my skype was blocked from accessing the internet. i've too have norton in my laptop. what should I do?

domosisfun
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (4,709 Views)

domosisfun wrote:

mine too is also a new laptop and recently days my skype was blocked from accessing the internet. i've too have norton in my laptop. what should I do?

Most likely you need to configure Norton’s Firewall/Antivirus to allow Skype to access Internet.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6299
Message 5 of 8 (4,700 Views)

skype is blocked from internet what should i do
michelegiro
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (3,575 Views)

michelegiro wrote:
skype is blocked from internet what should i do

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

try to open the page with IE-32bit and post the result
https://apps.skype.com/home/

you can try to disable your Windows Firewall

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off

or you can add Skype to its settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842242

visit the page and see the "Enable programs by using Windows Firewall" section.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6736
Message 7 of 8 (3,561 Views)

silly question but how do you configure Norton’s Firewall/Antivirus? I have windows 8, skype did work, then we changed to virgin media and skype isn't even installed now and I can't install it and my apps will not update! so confused!!

RottieJJ
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,244 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling