Skype incoming port problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype incoming port problem

Hi,

I having big problem, I'm System Admin of 300+ PC, 20 Servers. I getting problem and still can't find out solution about Skype incoming port.

The problem is my operation team can't make call/chat to other if same incoming port, they're in same network. The calling will failed or chatting can't reached to other but it's working fine if diffenced incoming port. All PC is Windows 7 under domain controller with Windows Server 2008 R2 and using Skype version 5.5.0.119. Some time, Skype took quite long time for signing in, worst is 10 minutes.

Again, they're in same network that I never facing the problem like this before. It's suddenly appearing 2 weeks ago until now. What I can do is temporary solution by manual changed incoming port for each user/PC, really labor job :sad:

Highly appreciate for any help from you guys.

BRs.

Tommy S.

tommystyp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,212 Views)

Re: Skype incoming port problem

tommystyp wrote:

Hi,

I having big problem, I'm System Admin of 300+ PC, 20 Servers. I getting problem and still can't find out solution about Skype incoming port.

The problem is my operation team can't make call/chat to other if same incoming port, they're in same network. The calling will failed or chatting can't reached to other but it's working fine if diffenced incoming port. All PC is Windows 7 under domain controller with Windows Server 2008 R2 and using Skype version 5.5.0.119. Some time, Skype took quite long time for signing in, worst is 10 minutes.

Again, they're in same network that I never facing the problem like this before. It's suddenly appearing 2 weeks ago until now. What I can do is temporary solution by manual changed incoming port for each user/PC, really labor job :sad:

Highly appreciate for any help from you guys.

BRs.

Tommy S.

Please see this: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Unattended-install/m-p/184740#M18609

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 2 of 3 (2,206 Views)

Re: Skype incoming port problem

Hi TheUberOverLord, 

Thanks for replied but unfortunately the problem still exist, the problem is incoming port. My operation team can't make Skype-to-Skype call and chat to other PC/Account if they have same incoming port.

I just would like to find out the solution if possible. Such as, can make a call/chat even same incoming port, auto-random incoming port, etc.

Since this problem appeared, I tried to investigating and fixing and also checking internal network configuration if something wrong but no luck at all until now. My internal network quite simple like "Internet <-> Router/Firewal <-> CoreSwitch <-> EdgeSwitch <-> Workstation". I've tried to do everything I can such as DisableSupernode, disabled Windows Firewall, disabled Anti-Virus, uninstall non-related software, format PC and install only Skype without other software, etc. but the problem still occur...sigh.... 

BRs,

Tommy S.

tommystyp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (2,196 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling