Skype home unavailable!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype home unavailable!

i load skype it come up fine but it say home unavailable and none of my friends are getting messages...what is wrong?

daggerman200
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,448 Views)

Re: Skype home unavailable!

Check your own connection status. Is it "Online"? The status icon (the one left of your name) must be solid green with a white checkmark inside. Try to change the connection status using the dropdown arrow next to this icon.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6508
Message 2 of 5 (1,182 Views)

daggerman200 wrote:

i load skype it come up fine but it say home unavailable and none of my friends are getting messages...what is wrong?

First Check your connection status.

If your connection status is "Offline" , try to change it to "Online"

After That, Try Below:

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Run This First. See if it resolves the issue. If Not,

Here is another Mr. FixIT

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

Click the Run Now button.

Reboot.

Then, Download and Reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6875
Message 3 of 5 (1,175 Views)

I cannot get my status to change on line.  I have downloard this 10 times....but still keep getting unavailable message.  It tells me I don't have internet connection - BUT I DO !!

msussman14
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (583 Views)

Have you tried to use the dropdown arrow next to the status icon?

ChangeStatus.jpg

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6508
Message 5 of 5 (577 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling