I sgned up for Skype free a few days ago, I made several conversations ok, but yesterday when I logged in it came up with the message "Skype Home Unavailable at the moment" and tells me to check back later. I did check back but it has been unavailable since yesterday.
Is there a technical problem with Skype or is this a problem with my account?
Solved! Go to Solution.
may I know what Skype version are you using?
sorry version 22.214.171.124
Can you get to msn.com by using a IE ("Internet Explorer") browser window?
In your case and your case only.
1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.
2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.
3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:
If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.
4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.
5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:
Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.
6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:
You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:
Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.
These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.
Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?
Moved to "Windows".
Done this and it cured the problem on the laptop but for some reason Skype did not show up in the Programs file on my desktop pc. Used Revo unistaller to delete it, but followed all your steps and it worked when I installed the new download. It looks like on the desktop did not install properly when I installed it the first time. But the weird one was the laptop, as I said before I used it several times during the week up until yesterday (Friday) and then it showed the Unavailable message.
For you info as requested, both PC's are using Window 7 completely up to date with Updates. Auto update on at all times. All programs are up to date with latest updates.
The desktop I was only just setting it up in last 2 days from new.
Anyway thanks very much for your assistance and I have kept a copy of your instructions just in case it happens again.