Skype hangs, not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype hangs, not working

My skype installation on my Laptop doesnt work properly anymore. The symptoms are:

I log into my account. Skype seems to connect properly, I even see some of my contacts online, although I dont see all of them. When I try to IM one of the online contacts, the typed text goes to the upper message history panel (after pressing return) without the time stamp, but instead there is a moving cyrcle. Of course the contact never gets the message. When I try to call a contact the skype ringing screen pops up but without ringing sound and of course no call is made. Another sympton is that I cant quit skype with right click and quit but instead of that I need to go to the task manager. Even there I cant get skype to completely stop running, as when I try to restart skype it says skype is already running.

Now the strange thing is that I can log on my skype account from any other computer in the same local network and its running normal.

Only after a complete clean reinstall (deleting all files and folders, uninstalling and cleaning the registry from any skype entries) and a reinstall of skype I can get skype to work, BUT the next day when I start my laptop again it crashes again. Please help as this is really annoying !

thank you 

Diramos
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (655 Views)

Re: Skype hangs, not working

Hi!  the thread which link is pasted below is a compilation of the suggestions and procedures that fixed Skype related problems in many cases.  I hope that the suggestions there would also help resolve the issues in your case.

Skype Problems Troubleshooting Procedures (Windows)

:happy:

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 259
Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling