Skype forgets saved account password on Sign Out

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype forgets saved account password on Sign Out

[ Edited ]

It is just Skype.exe /secondary
The first started instance signs in automatically.
The second started instance shows the sign-in dialog.
With passwords prefilled. For all accounts.
This has been like this for ages, like in ver4. (from when the /SECONDARY switch was introduced).

xerces8
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 21 (1,100 Views)

It is impossible to have more than 1 Skype client program on the same system auto-logon with different Skype names, you can only have 1.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 12 of 21 (1,096 Views)

TheUberOverLord wrote:

It is impossible to have more than 1 Skype client program on the same system auto-logon with different Skype names, you can only have 1.

Yes. It is perfectly possible using the switch combination as described in my post. This works for me and will also work for you.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6317
Message 13 of 21 (1,094 Views)

ruwim wrote:

TheUberOverLord wrote:

Yes. It is perfectly possible using the switch combination as described in my post. This works for me and will also work for you.

Maybe I should qualify my original statement, to have more than 1 auto-start at boot time and also auto-logon.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 14 of 21 (1,090 Views)

[ Edited ]

TheUberOverLord wrote:

ruwim wrote:

TheUberOverLord wrote:

Maybe I should qualify my original statement, to have more than 1 auto-start at boot time and also auto-logon.

This was much better. However, if you create two values in Windows Registry Run key with user name and password added as switches, this might be possible too. I don’t know. Never tested this.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6317
Message 15 of 21 (1,086 Views)

Yes, sadly, even doing that won't work.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 16 of 21 (1,080 Views)

xerces8 wrote:
At the same time?

yes

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 271
Message 17 of 21 (1,075 Views)

I am Facing the Same Problem. It Sounds really stupid that If Skype Can not remember the password then What is That Option of "Sigin me when Skype Starts" :smileysurprised:What Does it mean? One Option is Start Skyoe When WIndows Start, Thats Fine but Sign me in Means Sign me in when Skyoe starts and It means It must automatically sign me in with a password automatically saved. I guess This Statement means the same even if translated in any language.:manmad:

Salik
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 21 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]

Salik wrote:

I am Facing the Same Problem. It Sounds really stupid that If Skype Can not remember the password then What is That Option of "Sigin me when Skype Starts" :smileysurprised:What Does it mean? One Option is Start Skyoe When WIndows Start, Thats Fine but Sign me in Means Sign me in when Skyoe starts and It means It must automatically sign me in with a password automatically saved. I guess This Statement means the same even if translated in any language.:manmad:

Please note: Once this option is set, never stop Skype by logging off, always stop Skype by right clicking on the Skype Icon in the system tray and choosing quit.

To do otherwise, even with the checkboxes set, will cause issues like this.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 19 of 21 (1,062 Views)

Thanks Your Response Solved My Problem. I suggest tis is solution to the problem I mentioned.

Thank You Very Much

Salik
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 21 (1,052 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling