Skype for the visually impaired

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype for the visually impaired

Like the other person who posted about the visual settings, I too have a visual impairment and the color scheme for Skype presents a major problem for me. I was wondering if there are skins available for Skype, settings I don't know about, or even a registry hack I could use to make Skype show up as light text on a dark background on all screens and menus?

Kind Regards,

Mark 

The_CyberHippie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (987 Views)

Re: Skype for the visually impaired

I am having major visual issues in which, at some point in my life, I might become fully blind. I hope the developers can find ways to help people in the future to deal with visual impairements a bit better. Until then, I have found this application for you. I tried it and it seems to meet my needs. It even provides a computerized voice to read contacts, status, and other areas where you may need it... since I am only slightly impaired in my vision at times, I tun this feature off.

This application should allow visually impaired individulas to use Skype services (on Windows based computers, 32-bit or 64-bit):

http://www.gwmicro.com/App_Central/Apps/App_Details/?scriptid=1353

I hope this helps you and everyone else suffering impairment of their vision. :wink:

CowBovine
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (788 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling