Skype double posting

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype double posting

I'm not sure how to say it better then the title, but I have been noticing for the past 2 days now that my skype seems to be double posting every word I say to my friends on facebook. Now my friends don't see the double post, but it is on my screen and I have tried to reinstall skype, but I am still getting the same problem. Is their something up with the new skype version, or what can I do to make skype stop double posting everything I say to my facebook friends?

Scioneon
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (3,283 Views)

Re: Skype double posting

This happens to me as well.

Amdir
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (3,272 Views)
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6960
Message 3 of 6 (3,269 Views)

ever since the facebook merger, I've been having some major problems. The first problem I had was Skype saying my facebook contacts were offline, yet I could chat on facebook messenger fine. Now, I'm getting the double posting glitch after an uninstall and reinstall. I hope microsoft fix it

SoloJones1985
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (3,163 Views)

This is infact correct, the only reason your double posting is because you have your accounts linked or there is a message glitch which is rare. I also double message but it only happens to my linked facebook/skype friends? I asked my friend if he was double messaged and he said he was not, even tho I haven't found a soultion to the double messages it still only sends one for me :happy:

MarvinJr
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (2,109 Views)

I am using a mac with the same problem, DOUBLE POSTINGS.  I deleted and reinstalled skype, the problem still exists.  I hope they work on a solution soon.  It was a major hassle to re-add all of my contacts.  

Libelle-7
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (1,604 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling