Skype doesn't work well on my laptop! HELP!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype doesn't work well on my laptop! HELP!

Hello every one,

I have a little trouble with using skype on my new laptop.  The video call quality is not good.  It is laggy and not clear.  It is like you are watching a slow video and your disc gets scratched. 

My laptop has core i7 processor, graphic card Radeon 1GB, 4gb ram, and window 7 home premium. However, Skype works very well on the other laptop of mine, and this one has only intel pentium processor, graphic card on board, 4gb ram, and also window 7 home premium. I could even open skype and play game on this one, but I couldn't on the i7 one.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem? or explain to me and show me how to improve my video call quality?

Thanks a lot

caychalua
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,525 Views)

Re: Skype doesn't work well on my laptop! HELP!

perhaps the suggestions in the thread below might help.

Skype Problems Troubleshooting Procedures (Windows)

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 2 of 4 (1,413 Views)

I'm havin the same problem!!! I verified everything and all is well installed and works but DirectX Advanced or something...don't know how to change that! HELP US!

Jana_Ina
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

Jana_Ina wrote:

I'm havin the same problem!!! I verified everything and all is well installed and works but DirectX Advanced or something...don't know how to change that! HELP US!

What exactly is your issue with Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7079
Message 4 of 4 (317 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling