Skype doesn't want to play any sound through my sp...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype doesn't want to play any sound through my speakers.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just installed skype on my computer but unfortunately it doesn't work correctly. I can set up calls en my webcam + mic works correctly, but I am not able to hear anybody. First, I thought my audio wasn't correctly installed, but I am able to play any other program with sound but Skype. I don't know why but Skype doesn't want to play any sound through my speakers.

I tried several things to solve this problem, but unfortunately without any success. Does anybody have any suggestion which might solve this problem? 

paul_caro
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (4,903 Views)

Re: Skype doesn't want to play any sound through my speakers.

I also installed the latest sound drivers and selected the correct soundcard in skype.

paul_caro
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (4,791 Views)

Re: Skype doesn't want to play any sound through my speakers.

Hi!  the suggestions/procedures compiled in the thread below might help;

Skype Audio Problems Basic Troubleshooting

:happy:

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 244
Message 3 of 4 (4,788 Views)

Re: Skype doesn't want to play any sound

Thanks for the link and in the meantime i tried every option mentioned in that forum and other links which directed me to some other possible solutions, but unfortunately still without any succes. 

Of all the programs who can play sound or record and play the sound, Skype is the only program which doesn't work. It doesn't want to play any sounds. Can somebody give me a helping hand? 

paul_caro
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (4,763 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling