Skype doesn't "see" my webcam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype doesn't "see" my webcam

I have a Sony Vaio desktop VGC-LS30E which I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 but Skype doesn't see the webcam. I can see the person who is calling me but they can't see me. It appears to be an incompatibility problem with the imaglining device (Sony Lucid Integrated Mpeg encoder). Does this mean the installed webcam is useless and I'll have to go with an external webcam?  Hope not.

This widget could not be displayed.
ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

newsguy880 wrote:

I have a Sony Vaio desktop VGC-LS30E which I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 but Skype doesn't see the webcam. I can see the person who is calling me but they can't see me. It appears to be an incompatibility problem with the imaglining device (Sony Lucid Integrated Mpeg encoder). Does this mean the installed webcam is useless and I'll have to go with an external webcam?  Hope not.

Maybe you should try with a new Windows 7 driver for your webcam. One possible source is here:

drivermax.com/driver/update/MEDIA/Sony-Corporation/Sony-Lucid-Integrated-Mpeg-encoder

However, you may also try the official Sony site.

View solution in original post
newsguy880
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,761 Views)

Re: Skype doesn't "see" my webcam

I don't have an answer but I experience the same problem if I have used skype to ring a lanline, my webcam is disconnected.  I re-install and all is well until I call a landline -using the credit.  

beable1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 4 (1,651 Views)

newsguy880 wrote:

Maybe you should try with a new Windows 7 driver for your webcam. One possible source is here:

drivermax.com/driver/update/MEDIA/Sony-Corporation/Sony-Lucid-Integrated-Mpeg-encoder

However, you may also try the official Sony site.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6966
Message 3 of 4 (1,642 Views)

Thanx. I had already done that before I got your reply.  But thanks again.  All is working now.

newsguy880
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (1,630 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling