Skype does not detect microphone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype does not detect microphone

I have a Genius Eye110 webcam with a built in mic, I downloaded Skype and it says that "Skype does not detect a sound card" which it does. I can usemy camera but no mic

dopestezzz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (4,090 Views)

Re: Skype does not detect microphone

try to set the sound input to microphone.

In the call, Click Call quality >> Microphone >> Set the input to your microphone.

setmic.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6243
Message 2 of 6 (4,085 Views)

Thanks for that but it didnt help, I tried the call test thing and it said that skype does not detect a mic, but my webcam has a built in mic...I am soo lost

dopestezzz
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (4,071 Views)

microphone test shows it is working OK, I can hear it through speakers too. Atempts to make a telephone call fail, because Skype cannot detect sound card, restart on PC does notcure this
bid
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (3,905 Views)

bid wrote:
microphone test shows it is working OK, I can hear it through speakers too. Atempts to make a telephone call fail, because Skype cannot detect sound card, restart on PC does notcure this

bid
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (3,903 Views)

I accept Tamim's solution to tne microphone problem bid
bid
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (3,860 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling