Skype crashing as soon as it opens up and comes up...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype crashing as soon as it opens up and comes up with skype is not responding

I have a problem where when I open skype on one Windows 7 with SP1 installed it askes me to log into the program but then brings up a not responding window and Skype closes.

I have had a look all over to see if I can find a fix for this and so far I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. I have removed the Skype folder form the pc and I have also tried logging into the pc and skype as different users but I still get the same problem. If I log into skype on a different pc as my user it works fine but not on this pc.

Hope someone can help as I have not managed to find a fix for this problem.

coulddobetters
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

Re: Skype crashing as soon as it opens up and comes up with skype is not responding

Open Windows Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for any recent error messages with a timestamp corresponding to Skype crash.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6305
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: Skype crashing as soon as it opens up and comes up with skype is not responding

Here is the only error logged in the even viewer.

Faulting application name: Skype.exe, version: 5.8.32.158, time stamp: 0x4f4ded27 Faulting module name: Skype.exe, version: 5.8.32.158, time stamp: 0x4f4ded27 Exception code: 0xc0000005

coulddobetters
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling