Re: Skype crashes other applications

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype crashes other applications

Repost: The person helping went offline.
I recently reformatted my computer (Windows 7 x64bit) and I noticed that when a certain contact replies to me on skype, my skype crashes. Not only that, every other application or program on my computer crashes and I have to restart my computer. Also if I try to use a web browser, It works fine until I go on youtube, then my whole browser freezes/crashes. Could someone help me out? I don't know exactly what the problem is, could it be adobe?

edit: Iv'e tried to use an older version of skype and it did not fix the problem. Also when the problem starts, it says that my messages haven't been sent yet. If I close skype through windows task manager, and try to reopen skype, it stays stuck on connecting.

First I'd like to thank you for your time.

The version of my Flash Player is 11,2,202,233
Also, with Firefox when this problem occurs the video does not play. The browser freezes up and is unresponsive.
~thanks

nigzeez
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (406 Views)

Does this happen only on video calls or also with audio calls or just text messaging?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5594
Message 2 of 7 (391 Views)

Only when someones sends me text message.

nigzeez
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (382 Views)

By saying “someone”, do you mean by this that this happens with every contact or only with one particular contact?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5594
Message 4 of 7 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am pretty sure it only happens when a certain single contact text messages me on skype. I am testing it out with other contacts, ill keep you updates. But as of now only 1 contact.

edit: Okay it seems to happen with more than 1 contact. I can talk to them for a while then it just craps out and I cant recieve or reply to messages.

Also I am wondering if I could do a live chat, it would be a faster solution rather than waiting a long while for a response. ~thanks

nigzeez
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (357 Views)

Well it seems like I'm getting slow responses, or my threads getting ignored. I'm done here, extremely dissatisfied.
nigzeez
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (326 Views)

I have a similar problem.  I have Windows 7 and Firefox browser.  After downloading Skype, other programs on the internet were crashing.  I removed Skype and the crashing stopped.  What gives?

nigzeez wrote:

Repost: The person helping went offline.
I recently reformatted my computer (Windows 7 x64bit) and I noticed that when a certain contact replies to me on skype, my skype crashes. Not only that, every other application or program on my computer crashes and I have to restart my computer. Also if I try to use a web browser, It works fine until I go on youtube, then my whole browser freezes/crashes. Could someone help me out? I don't know exactly what the problem is, could it be adobe?

edit: Iv'e tried to use an older version of skype and it did not fix the problem. Also when the problem starts, it says that my messages haven't been sent yet. If I close skype through windows task manager, and try to reopen skype, it stays stuck on connecting.

First I'd like to thank you for your time.

The version of my Flash Player is 11,2,202,233
Also, with Firefox when this problem occurs the video does not play. The browser freezes up and is unresponsive.
~thanks

aaguy
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (300 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling