Re: Skype crashes even after uninstalling and remo...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype crashes even after uninstalling and removing all registry entries and everything

Yesterday, my skype crashed and after that, it would start and crash as soon as it booted up saying skype.exe stopped working. I uninstalled and removed all registry entries(as well as what ever else the directions said). I then restarted, reinstalled and still had the same problem. I can no longer use skype.

windows 7

fujitsu lifebook a1220

core duo 2 processer.

li84me
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)

Re: Skype crashes even after uninstalling and removing all registry entries and everything

If you haven't already done this as part of the "whatever else,"  give it a try:

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype and see if it will run without crashing.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

If the problem persists, look in Event Viewer > Administative Events for any error with the time stamp of the Skype crash.  If you copy and paste that error here it may shed some light on what's causing your problem.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Skype crashes even after uninstalling and removing all registry entries and everything

tried that, had done it before tooo. have to enter login again, then skype boots, i hear the sound, then skype.exe has stopped working and it crashes

li84me
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (124 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling