Skype crash on Windows 8 Developer

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype crash on Windows 8 Developer

[ Edited ]

Ok I download the latest Skype version with windows 8 support, the program started good the first time I installed it but then the next times I try to open skype it instantly crashes and I have to uninstall it and reinstall in order to get it runs, or sometimes have to restart the pc and it works again for a while. The last time i did it i get the next error message:

"Disk I/O error. Right click the skype icon in the windows taskbar at the bottom right of your screen and choose quit. Then restart Skype. If you keep seeing this error, please contact skype customer support."

Any Ideas or help? Tnx

Fitofansami
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 12 (5,309 Views)

Re: Skype crash on Windows 8 Developer

I am having the exact same situation.
ZikPhil
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 12 (5,088 Views)

I'm having this issue as well, I'm starting to to everyone with Windows 8 developer is having skype crash.
Jellars
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 12 (5,041 Views)

Also here. As soon i start Skype it crashes. Did try several different Versions down to 4.2. It always crashes after login in.
octra
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 12 (4,983 Views)

Ive got the same problem. It was working fine for the past days but suddenly it stopped.
fohl
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 12 (4,921 Views)

I have the same problem, I've tried a few different versions, I always get the same result. I've also tried the compatibility modes, that doesn't really help either. It logs in fine, I can see my contacts, then it crashes.

ComputerCowboy
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (4,717 Views)

Lets all send in our log files

[ Edited ]

Here is the same thing I just posted above, just better info

1: make a log file

http ://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10949/How-do-I-create-a-log-file?fromSearchFirstPage=false

2: email the files to support support en_support@skype.net

ComputerCowboy
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (4,707 Views)

Re: Lets all send in our log files

Hello guys,

Here you will find the solution (I tried it and it works perfectly)

I can't post the link, so you guys search on google this title :

"Issues with Skype on the Windows 8 Developer Preview? Here are a few basic workarounds."

Good luck every one!
ktobah
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (4,238 Views)

Try launching skype from the Metro.

I was having the same problem but launching from metro seems to fix the problem (for now anyway)

Jake2
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 12 (3,857 Views)

Fitofansami wrote:

Ok I download the latest Skype version with windows 8 support, the program started good the first time I installed it but then the next times I try to open skype it instantly crashes and I have to uninstall it and reinstall in order to get it runs, or sometimes have to restart the pc and it works again for a while. The last time i did it i get the next error message:

"Disk I/O error. Right click the skype icon in the windows taskbar at the bottom right of your screen and choose quit. Then restart Skype. If you keep seeing this error, please contact skype customer support."

Any Ideas or help? Tnx

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

4. Re-run Skype

Also Refer:

Why do I get a Disk I/O error when I try to sign in to Skype?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6075
Message 10 of 12 (3,111 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling