Skype constantly freezes randomly then drops the c...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype constantly freezes randomly then drops the calls

I only have an issue with skype and it only recently started to happen within the last 4 or so months (it's been getting consistantly worse). I'll just be talking and skype will drop the call. I know it's only my computer because I don't have this problem on my other devices. I even reformatted my computer and re-installed all the latest drivers and it still is acting up. It also will randomly freeze while sending messages. It will lock up for a good 10-15 seconds after I send one message and immediatly try to start typing another (it will eventually unfreeze and all will go well while the rest of the computer works fine). What can I try? This is really frustrating me I pay for skype and I'm thinking of finding another provider if this keeps up. Thanks in advance for the help.

ryanmvsg
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (601 Views)

Re: Skype constantly freezes randomly then drops the calls

I have the same problem for years with diffrent computers!! since ebay bought skype it became worse! since microsoft took over it became 3x worse! whenever MS gets its hands on something it crashes, freezes, bluescreens or just ist frustrating to use!! SECONDLY this happens when somebody is listening in on ur conversations and trys to insatl a trojan, worm or splasher virus. I use other voip pgms which work much better than skype, are completely free to land lines and cell phones in USA! but when ther is a cyberattacker the same happens as with skype. "the conversation gets scratchy or speedsup the voice and than the pgm freezes can not be quit and than not started, so i must restart the computer which is a drag.

xdevil
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: Skype constantly freezes randomly then drops the calls

May i ask what you did if you have fixed it?

Stillo
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (402 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling