Skype cannot detect built-in webcam??

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype cannot detect built-in webcam??

I have been working at this for the past 2 weeks. Skype used to work and would make video calls and now as of 2 weeks ago it cannot detect the built-in webcam. I have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, to dowloading the updated software from hp for the webcam. I have exhausted my limited computer and researching abilities. Does anyone know what this may be?? PLEASE HELP!

Please use plain text.
kmlandry88
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (11,505 Views)

Re: Skype cannot detect built-in webcam??

I'm using the Singer XSeries laptop. While I was on a video call on skype, my laptop suddenly switched off due to some power interruptions. Then I restarted it within a five minutes and signed in to my skype and tried for a video call. But, it shows a message that skype can not detect my webcam. So I retarted again. Even though it still shows the error message. The bult in webcam of my laptop is Bison. Can anyone help me. Please its urgent

Please use plain text.
yathavi078
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (11,283 Views)

yathavi078 wrote:

I'm using the Singer XSeries laptop. While I was on a video call on skype, my laptop suddenly switched off due to some power interruptions. Then I restarted it within a five minutes and signed in to my skype and tried for a video call. But, it shows a message that skype can not detect my webcam. So I retarted again. Even though it still shows the error message. The bult in webcam of my laptop is Bison. Can anyone help me. Please its urgent

Please see these suggestions: http://community.skype.com/t5/Garage/TheUberOverLord-Video-Issues-Checks/td-p/156710

Please use plain text.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 3 of 7 (11,281 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a HP ProBook 4530s Laptop and lately Skype stopped to detect the build-in HD Webcam.

The Device Manager recognizes the Webcam. I downloaded the latest ArcSoft drivers for the Webcam and the ArcSoft program recognizes the Webcam and I can take pictures with the Software. But when I start Skype it does not recognize the Webcam. In the Options dialogbox of Skype I get the message: Skype couldn't find a Webcam.

Please Help!!!

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal information when making a public post. Thanks!]

Please use plain text.
Fecco
Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (6,407 Views)

Try to install the very latest Skype 6.5.0.158 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.5.0.158.msi

If this will still not help then try to uninstall the currently installed version and install the older 6.1.0.129 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.1.0.129.msi

After installing this version, make sure to disable the Automatic updates:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Automatic updates ->Turn off automatic updates

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6399
Message 5 of 7 (6,398 Views)

Thanks this correct my issue too. I reinstall the old version and I deactivated automatic update because my Dell integrated webcam Quanta Computer was not supported in the new version.
Please use plain text.
Oztrea
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (6,049 Views)

We've done some changes to fix the issue with BisonCam NB Pro cameras. Can you please restart your latest Skype for Windows Desktop client (6.11) and see if now BisonCam Nb Pro works?

Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 7 of 7 (3,531 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling