Re: Skype cannot connect problem (Vista Home Premi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype cannot connect problem (Vista Home Premium)

mary-byrne51 wrote:

Hi

I cannot get into my skype, could you help me please

Mary

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... , what happens?

If you see a message box that contains a connect button, please click on the connect button.

If the page fails to display, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... again. What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current release by clicking this link: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

Please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 785
Message 61 of 63 (2,555 Views)

I have done all of the above steps.

Tried the latest version and changing setting in internet connections.  Deleted the files you said to delete. I tried installing the older version of skype and changing the proxy settings.  I found the errors you were talking about to someone else and here are the main ones I have been getting.

"The event logging service encountered an error while processing an incoming event published from Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing."

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 

mfetdik"

"The program Explorer.EXE version 6.0.6002.18005 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: 670 Start Time: 01ccbf47eadc29c2 Termination Time: 0"

"The entry <C:\USERS\AVUSER1\DOWNLOADS\UNCONFIRMED 85620.CRDOWNLOAD> in the hash map cannot be updated.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001f)"

"Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

I am using a Dell Vostro 420.  Windows Vista Business. 32 bit operating system.  2.8Ghz Intel Core2Duo CPU.  4.0 GB RAM

I am not connecting wirelessly.  I have 2 computers connected to the same modem/router and the other one is a newer computer and I have no problems connecting on it but I don't want to use skype on that computer I need to be able to use it on this computer.

Any advice?

BethesdaChurch2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 62 of 63 (2,303 Views)

BethesdaChurch2 wrote:

I have done all of the above steps.

Tried the latest version and changing setting in internet connections.  Deleted the files you said to delete. I tried installing the older version of skype and changing the proxy settings.  I found the errors you were talking about to someone else and here are the main ones I have been getting.

"The event logging service encountered an error while processing an incoming event published from Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing."

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 

mfetdik"

"The program Explorer.EXE version 6.0.6002.18005 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: 670 Start Time: 01ccbf47eadc29c2 Termination Time: 0"

"The entry <C:\USERS\AVUSER1\DOWNLOADS\UNCONFIRMED 85620.CRDOWNLOAD> in the hash map cannot be updated.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001f)"

"Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

I am using a Dell Vostro 420.  Windows Vista Business. 32 bit operating system.  2.8Ghz Intel Core2Duo CPU.  4.0 GB RAM

I am not connecting wirelessly.  I have 2 computers connected to the same modem/router and the other one is a newer computer and I have no problems connecting on it but I don't want to use skype on that computer I need to be able to use it on this computer.

Any advice?

None of these error messages are directly related to Skype. The problem might be with McAfee (mfetdik.sys is a McAfee driver file). Also, there are some problems with your Google Chrome browser.

What exactly is the issue you have with Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6458
Message 63 of 63 (2,295 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling