Skype can't find playback device

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype can't find playback device

Hey guys, My skype client can't find my soundboard or any playback device.
I've reinstalled skype and it worked but as soon as I turn the computer off and on again the same problem appears, (Can't find Playback device)
Anyone that has the same problem or know a solution on this?

Kossmos
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (156 Views)

Re: Skype can't find playback device

In Skype open Tools -> Options -> Audio settings. What do you see selected there as your Speakers. Is there more than one option available in the selection box? Can you hear any sound when you press the test button next to this box?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6991
Message 2 of 6 (151 Views)

If I open that tab it doesn't show any kind of soundboard options, its just empty

Kossmos
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (144 Views)

What is the model of soundcard installed on your computer? Open Windows Sound Control Panel. Look at Recording and Playback devices. What do you see there selected as your default Speakers and Microphone.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 6 (139 Views)

It's a Generic USB Audio Device, just an regular USB plug in sound decive

Kossmos
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (133 Views)

Try to connect this device to another USB port. It might be that this device requires more power than supplied by the currently used port.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 6 (130 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling