Skype can't find my webcam all of a sudden

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype can't find my webcam all of a sudden

I haven't used skype in a month and just now my daughter called and she couldn't see or hear me.  It says it can't find my webcam.  I re-installed the webcam software and re-started my computer but still get same message.  Not sure why all of a sudden it won't work.  Help?  Thanks!

chocmaster
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (5,511 Views)

Re: Skype can't find my webcam all of a sudden

Click on Help > About Skype.  What specific version of Skype does it show?

What version of Windows are you running?

What  type webcam?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 920
Message 2 of 5 (5,487 Views)

I recently downloaded an update from Skype and now it can't find my webcam for video calls?

I am using Skype version 5.8.0.158, Windows XP and a Microsoft LifeCam Model 1393.

JKPalumbo
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (5,203 Views)

I have the same issue - video conferencing used to work fin but now it can't find my webcam.

Skype version: 5.3.32.11

Windows 7

Lenovo 2.07

JWolfe
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (5,022 Views)

I had the same problem. After searching a lot I found the cause: Skype is not supporting any longer some models of older PCs.

Solution? Read this skype support page:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12252/why-can-t-i-make-video-calls-on-the-latest-version-of-skype...

Just intall the special version of Skype and your video camera will be working smoothly again.

Worked for me!
Batigol
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,756 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling