Re: Skype can't connect

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype can't connect

Dear Sir,

For the last 2-3 days i have been facing problem of no connectivity- I am putting my ID and Pass Word correctly same as that in the usual manner. Several times I have refreshed my account but failed to achieve the resul i.e connectivity. The remarks are found on top like this = Skype can't connect. Kindly solve the problem so that I may be connected to the system facilitated by you in a routine manner.

A Seniour Cittizen using Skype for the last several months, I have the service excellent. connectivity veery good- helpdul more the persons like me of senior in age. Quite helpfu all the times-rather informative direct and indirect both ways.

In a nut shell, a very good service being provided by the cconcerned management efficiently.  Thanks in anticipation.    ---    Syed Iqbal Hussain

This widget could not be displayed.
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Do you have any other security programs installed on your computer? i.e. malwarebytes

try to reset your browser settings.

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Run This.

Check your Firewall / Proxy Settings; Also try restarting your router. You may temporary disable Firewall and then try running Skype.

View solution in original post
syediqbalh
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 16 (7,075 Views)

Please answer all of the following questions in your very next reply:

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?
What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6474
Message 2 of 16 (7,036 Views)

I am running 64-bit Windows 7,

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421,

McCafee Antivirus is installed...

Regards,

Syed Iqbal Hussain

syediqbalh
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 16 (7,030 Views)

Try this.

In the system tray open McAfeeSecurityCenter

Click Virus and Spyware Protection

Click Real-Time Scanning

Turn off and select a duration of 2-5 hours

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 16 (7,027 Views)

syediqbalh wrote:

I am running 64-bit Windows 7,

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421,

McCafee Antivirus is installed...

Regards,

Syed Iqbal Hussain

You need to configure McAfee’s Firewall to allow Skype traffic or completely disable it.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/37324

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Problems-with-Signing-Into-Skype-Message-quot-Skype-can-t/m-p/...

http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/skype-cannot-connect-problem/m-p/880878#M49799

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6966
Message 5 of 16 (7,009 Views)

It doesn't work after antivirus is disabled

syediqbalh
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (6,993 Views)

Do you have any other security programs installed on your computer? i.e. malwarebytes

try to reset your browser settings.

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Run This.

Check your Firewall / Proxy Settings; Also try restarting your router. You may temporary disable Firewall and then try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 16 (6,987 Views)

Sorry I have a question. If I did a Systems Recovery on my laptop and had to set-up skype over and did why is it not my usual account that I have been using. Reason I know is that I do not see the profile pics of my contacts.
pinkpadua
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 16 (6,980 Views)

[ Edited ]

pinkpadua wrote:
Sorry I have a question. If I did a Systems Recovery on my laptop and had to set-up skype over and did why is it not my usual account that I have been using. Reason I know is that I do not see the profile pics of my contacts.

In Skype, Click Tools >> Options... >> General settings

make sure "show profile pictures in Contacts list" is marked.

showprofilepicture.PNG

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 16 (6,973 Views)

It worked after resetting.

Thanx a lot Tamim

syediqbalh
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 16 (6,954 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling