Skype blank screen

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype blank screen

I don't know what's happening. Since yesterday when I open skype I only see the screen attached.

I've tried everything. Disable Anti-virus/Firewall. Resinstall. Complete remove of skype (including removal of registry entries, %programdata% and %appdata% files). And everytime I start skype I get this screen.

How can I solve this?

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

The problem you're seeing is related to javascripting not working properly in Internet Explorer.   See this thread for steps that should help you correct the issue:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/problems-with-screens/td-p/511703

View solution in original post
ACDias
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (13,837 Views)

Re: Skype blank screen

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue, did a complete reinstall following the skype guidelines and it didn't help. The issue is on a Windows 7 64-bit OS on a Sony Viao Laptop and I am trying to install version 5.8.0.156.

My desktop, a Windows 7 64-bit Gateway FX, has version 5.5 installed on it and seems to be working fine (not going to update that one until I can get 5.8 working on the laptop).

I assume the welcome screen doesn't need to connect to any network to show up, so firewalls should not be an issue until trying to login. I think the blank screen issue is with the install itself and I hope an update is coming soon.

sc7leung
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (13,711 Views)

Re: Skype blank screen

The problem you're seeing is related to javascripting not working properly in Internet Explorer.   See this thread for steps that should help you correct the issue:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/problems-with-screens/td-p/511703

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 920
Message 3 of 3 (13,701 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling