Skype and Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype and Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p

i have installed LifeCam and is working fine but is not connecting up with skype when I try to make video call  even though the box says it  functions with Skype. Would be grateful for any help. Eddie

eddie75
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (1,035 Views)

Re: Skype and Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720pHD

Dee here, asking for help in connecting the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720pHD to Skype, using Windows XP.  I want to be able to use Skype and the Microsoft instructions say they are compatible.

deero
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 13 (816 Views)

Dee here again, wondering if Microsoft actually allows a connection between the LifeCam Cinema 720pHD and Skype.  Skype apparently cannot find the LifeCam although I downloaded the disc with no problem.  Since I'm unable to download the extras suggested, I'm unable to use the full LifeCam Cinema program and unable to connect to Skype.  So, no visual communication.  Any suggestions?

Deero

deero
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (802 Views)

deero wrote:

Dee here again, wondering if Microsoft actually allows a connection between the LifeCam Cinema 720pHD and Skype.  Skype apparently cannot find the LifeCam although I downloaded the disc with no problem.  Since I'm unable to download the extras suggested, I'm unable to use the full LifeCam Cinema program and unable to connect to Skype.  So, no visual communication.  Any suggestions?

Deero

Have you installed LifeCam Cinema Firmware Update?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/lifecam-cinema#support

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6930
Message 4 of 13 (790 Views)

Does anyone ever get a reply on this site?  Is this really a "help site?"

Deero

deero
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (761 Views)

It looks like ruwim was trying to help you.   Did you bother to read his reply to you?  And, if so, what's your answer to his question?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 938
Message 6 of 13 (755 Views)

How do I get to ruwim's reply?  I saw the name "ruwim" but clicking on it didn't get my reply.

Dee

deero
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (749 Views)

If you start at the top of this thread and scroll down, his post is immediately after yours of Nov. 26.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 938
Message 8 of 13 (739 Views)

Re: Skype and Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p

I have a similar problem. The camera is recognised and works for about 5 mins. then disconects itself. I have installed the latest ver. of Skype and the drivers from microsoft.... no diffference

LeighO
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (159 Views)

Re: Skype and Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p

Have you tried to connect this webcam to another USB port? Avoid using unpowered USB-hubs.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6930
Message 10 of 13 (154 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling