Skype Windows technical errors [MEGATHREAD] SOLVED

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype Windows technical errors [MEGATHREAD] SOLVED

Hey there. After installing latest skype version when it starts my PC shuts down and reboot itself. Tryed to reinstall it several times from both offline or online versions. Previous version worked fine. If it's possible - can i get older version client to avoid such issues? Or shoud i summon some mistic creatures to protect my pc from skype?)

Hoping on a quick answer

tamoshika
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 86 (1,906 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try downloading the latest beta version from : http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

It should work on latest Windows 7 updates and on all computers

Thanks. I seem to have solved the problem. Once I had used System Restore to eradicate recent WIndows Updates, I was then able to download and install the recommended Beta version. Windows has now updated itself again and, fingers crossed, Skype is still working. Really, all of this palaver should not be necessary for such an important and ubiquitous piece of software.

johnash
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 86 (1,890 Views)

A there
Posted from SonyEricsson LT15i
Reallyfitjc
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 86 (1,877 Views)

hi

ikaros
Tourist
Message 14 of 86 (1,834 Views)

Just tried your solution for Vista and it did not solve the crashing problem.

marklissick
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 86 (1,733 Views)

My skype worked fine yesterday, but today it only stops working after I place a call. I have read all through the suggestions on this thread and understand some of it, tried some of it and all to no avail. I am really tired of reading that all the problems must be in my pc! Nothing on my end changed - repeat nothing, from yesterday to today, and this forum is full of others having the same issues, so I find it hard to believe that it''s all of us who are that stupid. Whatever the problem may just as well stem from Skype, solet's stop just Windows or whoever and work on a fix! Thank you.

FYI, Skype on Linux works fine!

kwlsstudio
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 86 (1,723 Views)

Skype is doing now some nasty experiments with the advertisement platform and this results in crashing program for a lot of users. Not for all but just for some “selected offers”. Most likely, on Monday or so, Skype will post a message on Heartbeat that “a small number of users are currently experiencing problems with Skype and we apologize for the inconvenience”. Meanwhile, you can try to install the new 5.7 Beta, which might resolve the problem.

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2011/11/skype_57_beta_for_windows_with.html

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6077
Message 17 of 86 (1,711 Views)

All calls (including echo test) stop working after 3 seconds

Skype used to work find until the last update a couple of days ago. NOW when I make a Skype call it stops after 3 second and shows and error box then shuts down. I have checked and have all current updates. Normal typing is okay.

denniscollar
Casual Tourist
Message 18 of 86 (1,623 Views)

I haven't had any problems with Skype in the past.   Today, I was online and a call came in from a user "Important Info-" or something like that.  I didn't answer it.  I blocked and reported abuse.  Then skype force closed shortly after that.  I tried restarting it several times and it kept doing it.  So I uninstalled.  I downloaded and reinstalled again and it's giving me the skype is not working message and closing like 30 seconds after I log in. This is the last error message I got  :

Application Timestamp: 4e96c098
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: cae9
Additional Information 2: cae9a046c78e126365608eedf36aac5c
Additional Information 3: 9293
Additional Information 4: 92935b5f5a41c50d18e6a91d14c686d3

flanimal
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 86 (1,549 Views)

Please fix the crashing i dont want to download the beta :sad:

WOWKHRiku
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 20 of 86 (1,547 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling