Skype Video Issues

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype Video Issues

Hello,

I'm having issues when trying to make a video call to friends and family. The problem being that I can see them, but they cannot see me. It however only seems to be a problem when making calls to people using skype on a PC. When making calls to an apple device - specifically ipad or iphone - my webcam feed works perfectly fine.

The drivers on my webcam - Integrated Dell Webcam - are up to date and I have the latest version of skype. The only issue which arises is when making calls to other laptops or desktops where, instead of showing live feed, I get a rotating symbol; signalling it's loading, buffering or similar. My built in webcam light turns on, but does not show myself nor my friends any feed from my end.

I've tried with 4 different people on different computers. The connection also is apparently "slow" at 2 bars in each case in the skype call windo. I know this shouldn't be the issue as both upload and download speed are very high, on both this and the connecting device. The connection returns to full bars if I turn off the webcam.

When I go to tools > options > video settings, I again just get the rotating buffer symbol. I can't pinpoint the issue as it seems to only be a problem when connecting to PC/Laptop devices. Any suggestions on how I can fix my issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you kindly in advance.

This widget could not be displayed.
Dizzybow
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (2,323 Views)

Re: Skype Video Issues

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7064
Message 2 of 4 (2,259 Views)

Thank you kindly. It does appear to be the linked issue as I do have the XPS 17 model. Hopefully the issue is patched soon. Until then, reverting to the previous version seems to have done the trick.

Thank you again!

Dizzybow
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (2,254 Views)

When making a Video Call on my Android Ipod to another Android Ipod, I see and hear them perfectly but they can hear me and where my Video should be is a green screen has anyone any ideas............

Karaoke
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (1,081 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling