Skype Toolbar plug in not responding

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Toolbar plug in not responding

Whenever I open up Google Chrome and open my igoogle home page there is a latency of about 20-30 seconds. Then a notice pops up that says, "Plug-in Unresponsive  The following plug-in is unresponsive: Skype Toolbars"  I tried re-installing Skype on my cpu and was unable to identify where in the installation process I might change something so the cpu wouldn't try to install the toolbar plug-in.  Any ideas? 

hollyw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (15,373 Views)

Re: Skype Toolbar plug in not responding

bisasedwinandka
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 14 (15,100 Views)

can u see the preview of instant images on ur skype? i cant and i cant see the extras neither ... few days ago appeared something about a problem with the plug in but i ignored i guess mine has the same problem ... i resintalled again too but i cant see yet :sad:
Tania
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 14 (15,055 Views)

There is a new version for the toolbar which was released August 23rd here as well: http://skype.com/go/getskype-skypetoolbar

Please install over what you have even if you have the latest version and are having issues.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 570
Message 4 of 14 (15,039 Views)

I have the same problem and would like to get rid of the toolbar. Anybody know how to do it? I cannot find a way to get rid of it.

unclebobmiller
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 14 (15,028 Views)

unclebobmiller wrote:

I have the same problem and would like to get rid of the toolbar. Anybody know how to do it? I cannot find a way to get rid of it.

Please check you Window Control Panel Add/Remove programs.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 570
Message 6 of 14 (15,002 Views)

If I follow the instructions above I can uninstall either Skype Click to Call or Skype 5.5, but not Skype toolbar (which appears to be the cause of the problem). Please advise.
seancody
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 14 (14,702 Views)

I've been using Skype for months and have had no problem. Why would I all of a sudden start getting the" plug in not responding" message? I checked my programs and don't have one called Skype toolbar. And it's all the same downloads from them I've had since October of 2011.

AlisonB1341
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 14 (14,018 Views)

I think the Skype Toolbar is the Click to call. It is what Skype uses to enable calls from your browser to (almost) any bussiness, hotel etc...

So maybe uninstallimg the click to call might help...

seancody wrote:
If I follow the instructions above I can uninstall either Skype Click to Call or Skype 5.5, but not Skype toolbar (which appears to be the cause of the problem). Please advise.

Saidaes
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 14 (13,354 Views)

Can't you just simply go from Google Chrome>Tools>Task manager and End Process on the Skype Toolbar and possibly Click to Call if it's causing problems, I'm not sure how important they are and if they're necessary but yes this can be annoying.

I personally wouldn't need Skype Toolbar just to open up skype for Microsoft Office 2007. ->https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10971/What-is-the-Skype-Office-Toolbar-and-how-does-it-work

Also as people can tell, causing problems to Google Chrome, hope this helps ^^''

Ringo_Chan
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 14 (10,677 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling