Skype Test works fine, but people still cannot hea...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Test works fine, but people still cannot hear me

Hello,

Since a couple of weeks I started facing a problem when calling to "non skype users", i.e. fixed or mobile's lines. I can hear the other person very well, but they cannot hear me, and after 10 seconds (aprox) the communication is cut off automatically.

I tried all the options in my Audio Settings (internal and external micro, with/without auto adjust, etc), the sound level shows normal, I upgraded to latest version (5.8.0.15:cool:, I put all the PC audio settings to their max, even if I call the Skype Test I can hear my voice and my recording very well.... But still other people cannot hear me.

I have a HP Pavillion dv6 with integrated micro, and Windows 7 - 64 bits

Could anyone help?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Ignacio PdeA

Lebanon

ignaciopdea
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (308 Views)

Re: Skype Test works fine, but people still cannot hear me

It sounds like you've done all you can do at your end.  I suggest you contact Skype Customer Service to see if there's a problem with the PSTN (telephone) service in the area you're calling, and if they can correct it.  Start with this link:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling