Skype Streaming Computer Audio

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Streaming Computer Audio

I have an XP. When I am in a skype call all audio works great. However as soon as I open another application that plays audio (E.G. YouTube, Itunes, Video Game) the sound from that application is streamed to the other people in the call. This happens even when my mic is muted. This does not happen on the other voice chat program I use (steam).

This is very annoying for the other people in the call, and I would like to resolve this as soon as possible. Thanks.

lukedekk
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (3,638 Views)

Re: Skype Streaming Computer Audio

what audio device is Skype configured to use for Microphone in Audio settings?

what is the default Windows recording device (Control Panel => Sounds and Audio Devices => Audio)?
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 281
Message 2 of 6 (3,633 Views)

This is happening to me too. The strange thing is, everything worked fine, then in the middle of a call it suddenly started doing this and no matter what I do Skype keeps streaming all my computer audio to the others in the call.

Eldarbanshee
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (3,601 Views)

I'm having the same problems! If anyone finds a fix please help me!

auti117
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (1,610 Views)

right click on the volume icon in your system tray, then select Volume Mixer.  You can see sliders theres where you can control the volume (or mute) of individual apps/program running in your computer.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 243
Message 5 of 6 (1,604 Views)

for XP users where the Volume Mixer option is not available, you can disable the Stereo Mix feature.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 243
Message 6 of 6 (1,602 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling