Skype Setup

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Setup

When I run the Skype setup I receive a Fatal Error that states "Failed to load library 'POWRPROF.dll'. What is this and what can I do to fix it?
Keith_Beck
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (1,894 Views)

Re: Skype Setup

powrprof.dll contains functions for Microsoft Windows Power Management Configuration Tools.

What Windows system are you on? Is Power Management working on your PC?

See also this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188213

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6063
Message 2 of 10 (1,879 Views)

Run the SFC /scannow command with ADMIN rights.

a)     Click Start.

b)     In the search box type cmd

c)     Right click and select Run as administrator.

d)     Type SFC /scannow and press ENTER.

Restart your PC.

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6094
Message 3 of 10 (1,867 Views)

I have XP. I don't know what how to check if the Power Management is working?

Keith_Beck
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (1,854 Views)

No files are found when i search for cmd.

Keith_Beck
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (1,850 Views)

Try below with admin rights:

a) Press ALT+R to open the RUN command

b) In the Run command type cmd

d) Type the following commands and press ENTER.

regsvr32 powrprof.dll

sfc /scannow

Restart your PC.

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 10 (1,850 Views)

when I run the scan it asks for to insert Windows XP Professional CD-ROM (which I do not have). It says Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache. Any way to do this without CD?
Keith_Beck
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (1,841 Views)

Is the regsvr32 powrprof.dll registered successfully? If so, simply restart your computer and re-run Skype.

Any way to do this without CD?

Do you have any I386 folder in your hard drive? Assume that you have this folder in C:\ drive.

While running the sfc /scannow command if it prompts for the Windows XP CD for the path of the system files, please provide the following path:

C:\I386

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 10 (1,833 Views)

Options are to Retry, More Info, or cancel. no option to input the C:\I386.

Also, tried rebooting and just checking I'm doing this correctly, I input the regsvr32 powrprof.dll hit enter then enter sfc /scannow in the run command?
Keith_Beck
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (1,827 Views)

Keith_Beck wrote:
Options are to Retry, More Info, or cancel. no option to input the C:\I386.

Also, tried rebooting and just checking I'm doing this correctly, I input the regsvr32 powrprof.dll hit enter then enter sfc /scannow in the run command?

you need to Edit registry entries :

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

you may also try Portable Skype

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 10 (1,826 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling