Re: Skype Profile picture

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Profile picture

I want to download my skype profile picture to my desktop how do i do that?

nicholascrosby
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (24,900 Views)

[ Edited ]

"animus" is my username on my computer so in that regards the address will have to be changed.

In order for this to work you must be on the computer on which you took the picture. (I am using windows 7, I do not know the address for any different versions of windows)

Look in this folder

C:\Users\Animus\AppData\Roaming\Skype\pictures

animus
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 8 (24,730 Views)

nicholascrosby wrote:

I want to download my skype profile picture to my desktop how do i do that?

Snapshots are only stored on the device where they were taken.

Go

C:/Users/Tamim/AppData/Roaming/Skype/Pictures

Change my name to your name.

Also Refer:

Find your video snapshots in Windows Explorer

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6483
Message 3 of 8 (24,563 Views)

Tamim: I don't get it... how can I get profile photo from skype server?

Jara001
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 8 (24,551 Views)

Jara001 wrote:

Unfortunately, you cannot. Chat conversations, voicemail and other data such as snapshots taken during video calls / profile pictures are kept on Locally, not Skype server. Only, your contact list, purchases and account information are stored on Skype servers.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6483
Message 5 of 8 (24,544 Views)

Jara001 wrote:

Your profile picture is indeed saved on Skype network, but you cannot download this image using Skype program. However, it is possible to do this by using 3rd party applications or just by creating your own script program. See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Community-feedback/Download-my-profile-picture/m-p/346254#M18598

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6983
Message 6 of 8 (24,534 Views)

I checked  this location, and there is no "Pictures" folder...any other ideas?

davidrledbetter
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (19,748 Views)

davidrledbetter wrote:

I checked  this location, and there is no "Pictures" folder...any other ideas?

The %appdata%\skype\pictures folder will only be created if you have taken at least one snapshot of the incoming video. Your profile picture might, however, be saved anywhere on your computer or not saved there at all. This depends on how you have created your profile picture.

If you want to download your current profile picture to your hard drive, then you can use the VBScript as shown here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/Download-my-profile-picture/m-p/346254#M19485

However, you can also access this picture by opening this link in your browser:

http://api.skype.com/users/davidrledbetter/profile/avatar

This requires that your profile picture is set to “Public” on your Profile page.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6983
Message 8 of 8 (19,743 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling