Skype Problems On Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype Problems On Windows 8

this is typical microsoft rubbish. throw it out there and let the customers find the faults:(n):

bigtom123
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 31 of 63 (2,426 Views)

Hi - Have just downloaded akype onto my new windows 8 pc and want to sign in, but i get a window saying "add your microsoft account" which i dont want to do (i dont even have an ms account or want one) but when i press cancel on this window, nothing happens, so i'm stuck......

sunilk
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 63 (2,323 Views)

you have just proven my point.i see now bb is coming under pressure from nokia.what goes around comes around. good luck to your shares and most of all your shareholders. truth will out. where is skype???????????????

sunilk wrote:

Hi - Have just downloaded akype onto my new windows 8 pc and want to sign in, but i get a window saying "add your microsoft account" which i dont want to do (i dont even have an ms account or want one) but when i press cancel on this window, nothing happens, so i'm stuck......

bigtom123
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 33 of 63 (2,279 Views)

So I have a HP laptop and it has windows 8 on it and when I try to use skype, my video chat on my end is green and fuzzy I don't know why I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but its the same? can any one explain why this is ? is it my laptop ? my camara on my laptop is fine though.

soulxdominion11
Novel Adventurer
Message 34 of 63 (2,199 Views)

Whoever designed Skype for IE8 created an unmitigated disaster. Hence the long list of people with problems. It is obsure, illogical, and generally comes nowhere close to the earlier version of Skype which was clear and easy to navigate.

If there existed an alternative service with the same capabilities - or if I can have back the old version of Skype (please!) - I would switch immediately.

Now this "service" is a useless, time-wasting failure. 

arthureluke
Tourist
Message 35 of 63 (2,181 Views)

When I got my new laptop I had to update skype for it to work. But the video is green and fuzzy.  I dont know how to solve this problem.  Everything is up to date and the camera works fine in other applications.

jaime_m86
Novel Tourist
Message 36 of 63 (2,149 Views)

I'm a Windows 8 Pro operating system. I downloaded skype for Windows 8. I can not receive files, I can't share my screen and whatever else i can't do that I could on my vista laptop. So like a dummy I paid for a year of premium service & have the same problems. Now to get customer service, they want me to pay more money in credits. Thats bull___t. Correct the problems BEFORE you sell services. I am repoorting this to the Better Business Bureau if it is not fixed or tell me how to fix it Today!!! 

lesdpryor
Novel Adventurer
Message 37 of 63 (2,109 Views)

lesdpryor wrote:

I'm a Windows 8 Pro operating system. I downloaded skype for Windows 8. I can not receive files, I can't share my screen and whatever else i can't do that I could on my vista laptop. So like a dummy I paid for a year of premium service & have the same problems. Now to get customer service, they want me to pay more money in credits. Thats bull___t. Correct the problems BEFORE you sell services. I am repoorting this to the Better Business Bureau if it is not fixed or tell me how to fix it Today!!! 

You can install the desktop version. It has all the features you are looking for.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6506
Message 38 of 63 (2,106 Views)

I paid for premium service for a year thinking that would fix my issues of not having all my old features since I heard skype is pushing to monetize skype. I think everyone report to better business bureau & review sites n put this scam out of business is a good answer. Have a product that WORKS BEFORE you sell it morons (skype).

lesdpryor
Novel Adventurer
Message 39 of 63 (2,105 Views)

Hello:

I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro ystrday and on installing Skype and logging in, was shocked to see that none of my previous skype conversations were there.  Previously, I could trace even conversations a year ago, but now there are totally gone and only ystrday's conversations remain!  How can I trace the old ones?  

sowbala97
Casual Tourist
Message 40 of 63 (2,012 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling