Skype Overlay

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype Overlay

Hi there,

It used to be with Skype that when someone tried to call, you would get an overlay showing their picture, and a pick-up or ignore button. Since downloading the recent version of Skype (bear in mind, I haven't used Skype for a year or so), it doesn't seem to be working.

Was this functionality removed, or am I missing a setting somewhere? Any advice, or insight is welcome.

Some possible important information...

Displays: 2x 1080p monitors

UAC: Off

Thanks in advance,

Ori

This widget could not be displayed.
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Orito wrote:
@Tamim
I'm not running NIS...

Sorry, wrong posting.

try to reset Skype settings

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-auto-logs-off/m-p/938210/highlight/true#M69026

View solution in original post
Orito
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (4,892 Views)

Re: Skype Overlay

This is what you should see now when someone is trying to call you. Are you seeing something different? Note that you will not receive any visual notification of an incoming call if your connection status is “Do Not Disturb” (red icon with a white dash).

CallingSkype.png

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5816
Message 2 of 10 (4,885 Views)

Don't run Skype with ADMIN rights.

compabtibility1.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5999
Message 3 of 10 (4,880 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ruwim

That's what I should see, but I am not. I'm actually not seeing anything when someone calls. I hear the notification, but I have to open the program, click recent, double-click the incoming call, then I can choose whether to answer or decline.

@Tamim

Alright, Tamim. I changed the properties, and restarted Skype. Still no fix though.

Orito
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (4,870 Views)

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Connection-Problems/m-p/972512/highlight/true#M71674

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 5 of 10 (4,862 Views)

@Tamim
I'm not running NIS...
Orito
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (4,860 Views)

Have you checked that your status is not “Do Not Disturb”?

Does it make any difference if the Skype window is on the primary or secondary monitor?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5816
Message 7 of 10 (4,857 Views)

@ruwim
I have. I'm set to 'Online'.

It does not make a difference which monitor the primary Skype window is on.
Orito
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (4,850 Views)

Orito wrote:
@Tamim
I'm not running NIS...

Sorry, wrong posting.

try to reset Skype settings

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-auto-logs-off/m-p/938210/highlight/true#M69026

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 10 (4,849 Views)

That did it, however- I'd be interested to know what settings cause this to happen?
Orito
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (4,841 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling