Skype Login Problems

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Login Problems

When I try to log in, it'll load for ages, then tell me, "Skype Cannot Connect". I've changed my password, even created a new account and uninstalled, and reinstalled it, yet it still won't work. Help?!

Aimeek16
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (8,848 Views)

Re: Skype Login Problems

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6360
Message 2 of 12 (8,847 Views)

Things like AOL, Facebook Manager Service, Firefox, McAfee Network Agent, Realplayer, Skype, Skype Extras Manager, and Spotify. There is some other things, but these are the main ones.
Aimeek16
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (8,840 Views)

Me too!!  It just started last night.  I installed an update yesterday and I am wondering if that messed it up somehow!  i would love to know if you find a solution!

DianaR
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 12 (8,831 Views)

Hello,

I have similar problem today. Till yesterday everithing was ok, then skype updated and I now cannot sign in. When I want to close "signing in" window, i cannot close it, if I manage to close it, Skype continues to run (I see it in Task manager). If I want Skype to close, I must restart computer!

What do you suggest? System restore? Reinstalling Skype? Shall I after reinstalling have any problems with my contacts?

Thank you.

donat
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (8,831 Views)

Yes! Me too! Only sinse last night! I was in the middle of a call and it just automatically signed me out! I didn't install an update, so I don't think it'd be that?
Aimeek16
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (8,828 Views)

Aimeek16 wrote:
Things like AOL, Facebook Manager Service, Firefox, McAfee Network Agent, Realplayer, Skype, Skype Extras Manager, and Spotify. There is some other things, but these are the main ones.

You need to configure McAfee’s Firewall to allow Skype traffic or completely disable it.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/37324

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Problems-with-Signing-Into-Skype-Message-quot-Skype-can-t/m-p/...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6360
Message 7 of 12 (8,826 Views)

Configure? Sorry, could you explain in English! I don't know much about computers, I'm afraid!
Aimeek16
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (8,819 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,
My problem is solved! It seems that last Skype update and Mcafee scanner (to my PC installed one year ago) could not bear each other. I had to remove Mcafee scanner!

Still, it is Skype and it's last update to blame! Before last Skype update there was no problem!

I just thought you should know and not blame users and security programs!

donat
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (8,800 Views)

Hello!
My problem is that i cannot login to my skype id bfore it was ok since yesterday its itself logout and i cannot login. could u help me ?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
evidenceshahid
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (5,348 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling