Skype Keeps Closing Down

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Keeps Closing Down

Hey Guys im a big fan of skype and been using it for a long time , I wen to vacation and when i came back i tryed to log into skype and it askes me for my username and password but then it has the singing in thing and the thing that circles and then it closes down. There is a icon in the botom right of my computer but when i put my mouse on it it desepears.

Im useing Windos Profectionl 

I have windos firewall

and i cleared the IE catches and everything

PLease help me ASAP

-Salahin <3

Salahin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (4,537 Views)

Re: Skype Keeps Closing Down

Try the suggestions I mentioned in this thread;

-community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-t-Sign-Into-Skype/m-p/118#M16

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1663
Message 2 of 8 (4,532 Views)

I did everything in that thred alreddy But didnt work :sad:

Salahin
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (4,529 Views)

Salahin wrote:

I did everything in that thred alreddy But didnt work :sad:

if even doing a "complete uninstall" (the last suggested procedure in that link) then reinstall didn't resolve the issue, youcan also try to restore your computer to a point where Skype was still working or try the current Skype beta version.  

-skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 4 of 8 (4,523 Views)

Re: Keep Keeps Closing Down

I did a complete installation and rebooted my computer and it steel has the same problem :'(

Salahin
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (4,521 Views)

Can't hear music or movie when I have a call with Skype

Hi,

I have some problem with skype, it probably default feature which I don't know how to change it.

When I see movie or hear music or even hear some webinar video in youtube and then I got call from my friend in skype. Then I answer the call and the music or video stop playing.

How can I change this in skype that I can talk in Skype and hear also music or see the movie.

Thanks

gadol
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (4,514 Views)

Re: Can't hear music or movie when I have a call with Skype

gadol wrote:

Hi,

I have some problem with skype, it probably default feature which I don't know how to change it.

When I see movie or hear music or even hear some webinar video in youtube and then I got call from my friend in skype. Then I answer the call and the music or video stop playing.

How can I change this in skype that I can talk in Skype and hear also music or see the movie.

Thanks

try this;

enter mmsys.cpl in the Run command, the Sound window will open, then click the Communications tab and select Do Nothing.

Primemover
Power User
Message 7 of 8 (4,509 Views)

Re: Can't hear music or movie when I have a call with Skype

Thanks

It helps.

gadol
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (4,503 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling