Skype Installation

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype Installation

Ok I have tried several times to download and install skype and when i get the installation exe file downloaded, then begin running it i keep running into this error: 

How can I go about solving this problem? thanks.

This widget could not be displayed.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please install the beta version using the instructions below:

If you have the normal Skype version installed, please install the beta version, if you have the beta version installed please install the normal version from Skype.com, please do NOT remove the current Skype installation, install over it.

You can install the current release or the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal or beta release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

View solution in original post
thefireloki
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 20 (3,126 Views)

Re: Skype Installation

I am also having the same issue. The error states that the .exe is not a valid Win22 application.
bigal
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 20 (2,992 Views)

Please install the beta version using the instructions below:

If you have the normal Skype version installed, please install the beta version, if you have the beta version installed please install the normal version from Skype.com, please do NOT remove the current Skype installation, install over it.

You can install the current release or the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal or beta release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 3 of 20 (2,980 Views)

does anyone know a telephone # for tech support? i know it's primitive but the voice works best

michaelborrasso
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (2,903 Views)

I have gone through the installation process 7 times and all i end up with is a skype dialog box where in my only option available is to close skype. anyone have a similar experience?

michaelborrasso
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 20 (2,901 Views)

Please copy/paste the link below in the browser window of your choice, choose open/run when prompted:

skype.com/go/getskype-msi

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 20 (2,898 Views)

thanks for the explanation how to get around the above error message.

However I still could not get it done, as I do not have skype installed on my pc at the moment, meaning i am not able to "install over"

When I am downloadin SkypeFullSetUp.exe from skype.com and try to install it, i still get the error message.

Grateful for any hints.

Thanks

meister-pez
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 20 (2,702 Views)

Which error, the one from the top post or the second post?  If you have it completely downloaded, you shouldn't get either. Try one more time.

download.skype.com/SkypeSetupFull.exe

rseiler
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 76
Message 8 of 20 (2,692 Views)

i downloaded the skpesetupfull.exe file again and tried to install it - still getting the above error message "we are problems connecting to the download server" I have been using skype since around 10 years and have never had any problems with upgrading or downloading before.
I am not able to use it anymore due to that upgrade/download problem...

Please help
meister-pez
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 20 (2,670 Views)

meister-pez wrote:
i downloaded the skpesetupfull.exe file again and tried to install it - still getting the above error message "we are problems connecting to the download server" I have been using skype since around 10 years and have never had any problems with upgrading or downloading before.
I am not able to use it anymore due to that upgrade/download problem...

Please help

Please use this as the download link: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe there were/are some problems with the download server, this link will work.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 10 of 20 (2,665 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling