Skype IMs disappearing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype IMs disappearing

Hi all

Over the last couple of days I've had a couple of IMs disappear.

Yesterday, a colleague sent me an IM which never arrived. He cannot see it on his history anymore.

Today, exactly the same thing happened to me. I sent him an IM, and a couple of hours later, it was gone. He never received it.

Any ideas?

Skype version is 5.5.0.112 on Win7 x64. Not sure what he's on but can find out if needed.

sparrowdclxvi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (388 Views)

Re: Skype IMs disappearing

Before trying to isolate an issue, it's always best that one is running the latest Skype release. Which may in itself resolve the issue.

A new version has just been released August 02, 2011:

Please click the "Get Skype" link at the top of this page and download the normal version of Skype, NOT the beta version to get this new version.

This new version is 5.5.0.113 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:

Help -> About Skype

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 2 of 2 (195 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling