Skype Home page

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Home page

My home page is messing up. The last couple of times I've logged on everything seems to be working fine except for my home page. It will not load, and continues to show the blue circle loading icon. It wont stop. What should I do??

morganm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (5,727 Views)

Re: Skype Home page

see other postings-most of us have this problem -we are being told its the skype server problem but skype itself is not afftected-and that it should be fxd soon-well,thats what we are told-and yes,skype itself still works,the home page server prob should nt affect it-

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 2 of 9 (5,722 Views)

I am having the same problem with my homepage.

MissyKc
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (5,713 Views)

There seems to be an issue with the Skype server and the Home page at the moment, for some, including me. If all your other Skype functions are currently working, it should return back to normal soon.

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 502
Message 4 of 9 (5,703 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Blue circle just keeps going round and round.
jungarian3
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (5,680 Views)

jungarian3 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. Blue circle just keeps going round and round.

There seems to be an issue with the Skype server and the Home page at the moment, for some. If all your other Skype functions are currently working, it should return back to normal soon. Skype is aware of this issue and working on it.

If you are having other issues besides the Skype home issue, please post them here.

That said, some have stated that stopping Skype, clearing their browser cache for IE ("Internet Explorer") and deleting thier temp files and starting Skype has resolved their issues. Others have said it has not.

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 502
Message 6 of 9 (5,669 Views)

I am now on my secound day with a home page that will not allow me to call anyone.The page comes up but the blue oval that you click on is very faint and does nothing at all.I have checked the message and it says this will only be temperery, then i check the profile and it states i have no internet hook up. All the while i am working on the internet, and have checked the situation three or more times.All of my long distance calling is on skype and i have people that it is most important i reach them. Pleeeeeeeeease help.                                                                                              Leo J. Kriegl.

leo-41
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (5,652 Views)

hi!  the thread below are compilations of procedures and suggestions that may help fix the issue/s related to the Skype Home window;

Skype Home Page/Tab Problems Troubleshooting

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1694
Message 8 of 9 (5,650 Views)

I just signed up for Skype. Home page will not load. Help.
Posted from Apple iPad
deborahwaldman1
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (5,434 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling