Re: Skype Home Unavailable.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Home Unavailable.

I'm also getting a log in message that says skype home unavailable. It flashes when I log on and there's a little orange dot by my skype home that flashes when it loads my home up to when it started messing up. Also, my IM messaging is messing up, I cannot read the messages I send or see what is being sent to me, as well as my status updates are not showing on the skype home page. 

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program, restarted my computer twice and restored the program to previous settings from a week ago. Nothing is working. 

fitzgerald1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 18 (6,535 Views)

what do I do when the screen says ''skype home unavailable'' ???

erlingjonson1
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 18 (6,531 Views)

What is your Skype version? Go to Help -> About Skype.

Have you tried to change you connection status Online -> Offline -> Online?

What do you see if you open this link in your Internet Explorer (must be IE, even if you are using another browser)

[invalid URL]

if you get the error saying that you are offline and not connected to the internet,then just click on connect and check skype after a few seconds,now your home will be visible.Hope i was helpful!

tejas24
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 18 (6,225 Views)

when i try to add a new contact a box appears telling me that im not connected to the internet while the connection is perfectly working

hashem_ghada
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 18 (6,210 Views)

Okay, I have tried changing the connection status but the only thing that shows is the green cloud with ever rotating arrows.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing with version 5.9 and my operating system is Windows Vista.  Any assistance would be useful.  Many thanks.

Les99
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 18 (6,152 Views)

Since I posted this last message I now can't sign in to skype.  The message I now get is "skype can't connect"  I've read many of the previous attempts at problem solving and none seem to work.  The system operates on Windows Vista Home Premium, the skype version is 5.9.0.114, the internet explorer version is 9.0.8112 and because I now can't sign in I can't try the "update thro' skype" trick.  Any offers??

Les99
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 18 (6,106 Views)

I have a subscription with Skype which I can't access at the moment because when I sign in I am told the home page is unavailable. This happened since I updated Skype. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still same result. If you don't fix this i won't be renewing my subscription.

Thanking you,

Jeffrey Lock

j_lock
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 18 (5,291 Views)

I also have a subscription & I'm having the same problem. Using Win7, but just can't get skype working!!

williamsegger
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (5,283 Views)

The culprit is Norton blocking Skype

Goto Norton's settings, network, smart firewall, program control configure, reset skype to auto or force "allow"

JPSnymannz
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 18 (4,791 Views)

The culprit is Norton blocking Skype

Goto Norton's settings, network, smart firewall, program control configure, reset skype to auto or force "allow"
JPSnymannz
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 18 (4,788 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling