Skype Home Unavailable

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype Home Unavailable

Yesterday and this morning, I logged into Skype.  I got into Skype ok, but the news says that Skype Home isunavailable, and none of my contacts are active, including the Echo/Sound Test Service.  Are there outages in the system, or did something break at my client?  Anybody else seeing this?

Thanks!

daveandkelly
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (5,729 Views)

Re: Skype Home Unavailable

What is your connection status? Is it "Online"? Look at your connection icon left of your Skype name. If it's "Offline" (white with green border), try to change it to "Online" using the dropdown arrow.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6808
Message 2 of 13 (5,723 Views)

Thanks.  Not sure who hit the offline button.  Working now.  Appreciate the help.

daveandkelly
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (5,717 Views)

My skype has not worked for three days! I wonder what's wrong is it! I couldn't make any calls and the system always say call failed! please tell me what's wrong with your system.

tuoyading
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 13 (5,710 Views)

i have tried getting onto my skype to call friends, but insted all i can do is go onto my overview page? how do i get onto it?

abbo13
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 13 (5,619 Views)

abbo13 wrote:

i have tried getting onto my skype to call friends, but insted all i can do is go onto my overview page? how do i get onto it?

What is your overview page?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 13 (5,564 Views)

[ Edited ]

First Check your connection status.

If your connection status is "Offline" , try to change it to "Online"

After That, Try Below:

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Run This First. See if it resolves the issue. If Not,

Here is another Mr. FixIT

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

Click the Run Now button.

Reboot.

Then, Download and Reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

Check if the issue persists.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6183
Message 7 of 13 (5,427 Views)

OK so I've got a laptop that I use for school and home and everything works fine except for the past year or sick I've had skype on my little acer computer I've never got skype home so for about a year on the laptop Its been unavailable I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but its not working please help would like skype home

Sare-Bear97
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 13 (3,401 Views)

Sare-Bear97 wrote:

OK so I've got a laptop that I use for school and home and everything works fine except for the past year or sick I've had skype on my little acer computer I've never got skype home so for about a year on the laptop Its been unavailable I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but its not working please help would like skype home

Is your Internet Explorer working? Check if it is not set to "Work offline" mode.

What do you see if you open this link in your Internet Explorer (must be IE, even if you are using another browser)?

https://apps.skype.com/home/

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 13 (3,368 Views)

Although my status is "on line" I still keep getting "Skype Home is unavailable at the moment. Check back later to see your news and alerts". I keep on checking but no change. Seems to be a common problem but can't find a solution. Can anyone help?
chrislippold
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 13 (2,862 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling