Re: Skype Crashes whenever I make a call/video cal...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Crashes whenever I make a call/video call or answer the call/video call

Hi! I have a peculiar problem. Can I get a solution?

My Operating system is "Windows 7 Home Premium" and using the latest Skype version is "5.5.59.124". I tried updating to higher version but the message said I'm using the latest version. Tried installing and installing SKYPE again and nothing happened.

The following message appears when I am making a Call/Video call or while answering Call/Video Call.

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available"

After this message SKYPE crashes. What is the solution?

debasispatri
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (4,384 Views)

Re: Skype Crashes whenever I make a call/video call or answer the call/video call

Please look at this post. It includes a program to fix your current version, and a new version of skype.

jkush321
Reliable Adventurer
Message 2 of 11 (4,247 Views)

Re: Skype Crashes whenever I make a call/video call or answer the call/video call

Same thing happens to me as well, plus it happens when I click on someone's name even before I click on "call."  I've unintalled and reinstalled the program, and the problem persists.  HELP!  Thanks.

rennul
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (4,221 Views)

I'm having the same issue as are most of my friends who use the program. We also tried jkush's fix and it hasn't worked either. Have fully uninstalled & re-installed several times today with no luck as well. Please fix this asap, thanks!!!

TJanes85
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (4,202 Views)

This seemed to happen after the most recent Windows update for the 64-bit system version.  One wonders if Microsoft broke something.

davidnakamoto
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 11 (4,183 Views)

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

Beta version works great

if youre like me and dont like clicking links uninstall skype

go to skype.com

hoover over get skype, click on Computer

go down the page til you see  beta version

sexysummerblond
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (4,179 Views)

Thanks so much!  The beta version worked!!:bigsmile:

rennul
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (4,153 Views)

Had the same problem, using 5.5.59.124 on Vista. Windows update but I was already using latest version.

Unistalled and got the Beta. Working agian, thanks sexysummerblond.
Angelraid
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (4,051 Views)

*nods* Beta is working awesome, Thanks for the link!

TJanes85
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (4,037 Views)

hey, i had this same problem...just download the new Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows and it should solve the issue. works fine now!
thestrokes14
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (4,027 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling