Skype Crashes when i log in.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Crashes when i log in.

Hello,

I all of a sudden have an issue with skype. I dont have it on auto start since i dont use it very often. I tries to start it and it gave me an error when it logged in.

I removed it completely by running uninstall, then ran a cleaning program to get rid of any traces in the registry and deleted all the folders.

I reinstalled the latest version.

No skype will pop up and i have to enter my user name and password.

As soon as i log in it crashes on me.

The error i get is:

"Skype doesnt work anymore"

Then it goes and tries to find a solotion, doesnt find any and i can close it.

Can anyone help me out?

Thx in advance.

Useing Windows 7, completely updated with microsoft security essentials as a virus scanner.

shamabeaf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (88 Views)

Re: Skype Crashes when i log in.

I too, am having problems logging in. It is on auto sign in but with an incorrect password and it will not allow me to edit the password field, with the correct password in order to log in.

MijTemoh
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (82 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling