Skype Continuously Crash

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Continuously Crash

Since yesterday I have been having a weird problem, after I login into Skype any action I perform (such as selecting a contact to message or simply switching a tab) it crashes. Prior to this it was working and I had received 9 files from a friend, one file did not complete the transfer and when I logged-off and logged back in it asked me to download the file again and after I clicked no, the problem started.

Did anyone have this problem before? I have already reinstalled it several times and cleared my cache.

LHLTVD
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (1,428 Views)

Re: Skype Continuously Crash

I don't have the one about the file but when I started my computer today and skype to call my friend It shut down everytime I called or massaged!
leslieallen101
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 13 (1,264 Views)

Skype keeps crashing for me as well. I didn't accept any or send any sort of files, it's just been crashing since last night for no reason. I reinstalled it a few times, ran a virus scan, and rebooted my pc, and it's still crashing.
yuliyas008
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 13 (1,262 Views)

I've been having the same issue as you guys, but also haven't downloaded any files. When ever I click to see a contact or my profile it crashes.  I posted a copy of the error message below:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Skype.exe

Application Version: 5.6.59.110

Application Timestamp: 4e96c2e0

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0

Exception Code: 0eedfade

Exception Offset: 0000d36f

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: cae9

Additional Information 2: cae9a046c78e126365608eedf36aac5c

Additional Information 3: 4e6d

Additional Information 4: 4e6da6eb2490192a1338175cc6a32c54

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

dquickenden
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 13 (1,256 Views)

Same  here ,,  my  opp.  System  is  windows  vista    home  prem.

LHLTVD wrote:

Since yesterday I have been having a weird problem, after I login into Skype any action I perform (such as selecting a contact to message or simply switching a tab) it crashes. Prior to this it was working and I had received 9 files from a friend, one file did not complete the transfer and when I logged-off and logged back in it asked me to download the file again and after I clicked no, the problem started.

Did anyone have this problem before? I have already reinstalled it several times and cleared my cache.

I am  having  the  same  problem  ,,  I  also  redown loaded  it  4  times  

LHLTVD wrote:

LHLTVD wrote:

I  hate  this  ,,  the  one  day  it  worked  it  was  so  good,, better  than  my  yahoo  messenger ,,  but  then  it  started  crashing  ,,  and  nothing  I  do  works  ,,  ??????  IK  am  thinking  I  will  just  leave  it  off  the next  time  I  uninstall  ,,  

lesbryant28
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (1,243 Views)

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/  install this latest version of skype-many of us have and it fixes the crashing issue-I by the way have windows 7/64 bit

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 6 of 13 (1,233 Views)

I have the exact same problem as you. I log on ok, but when I click on a contact, or try to message them, skype would crash. Although I dont' know about the file transfer because for me it was working fine until one moment it just crashed and the problem started. I find it helpful to go to Start>run>%appdata%\skype> and delete the shared.xml file, and skype would work again. But after a while skype would start crashing again and I have to go delete the xml file again, which is a hassel... 

hxhojoonxj
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 13 (1,039 Views)

You do not need to uninstall, what you have, simply install over, what you have, with this:

At the moment the quickest method to fix this is to install the beta version from here: http://skype.com/go/getskype-beta

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 8 of 13 (1,031 Views)

I am having the same problem! It was working ok earlier today but now it keeps crashing. How 'bout some resolution, Skype tech support?

mickiblueyz
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 13 (1,023 Views)

GUYS!!!!!!!!! Skype needs to be fixed idiots! C'mon Skype crew do something when ever I sign in on Windows 7 it crashes! FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I have friends who I never get to see and I use skype to see them. FIX SKYPE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZacLipsey414
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 13 (1,009 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling