Skype Click to Call Has Crashed

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Click to Call Has Crashed

[ Edited ]

Skype Click to Call crashes Explorer, Chrome & Firefox on the two computers of mine that I use Skype on.  When I open Task Manager I see many mutiple tasks of whichever browser that Im using listed.  I wish Skype would investigate this bug and fix it, has been bothering me for months.  Only solution is to shut down Skype and restart all browsers.  Anyone else grappling with this?  I do not want to remove it, I just want it to work right.

ScottEL
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 28 (15,029 Views)

Re: Skype Click to Calll Has Crashed

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7082
Message 2 of 28 (15,020 Views)

I dont want to remove it, I like using it other then the 2 or 3 mandatory daily crashes.

ScottEL
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 28 (15,017 Views)

have you tried the latest version?

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/click-to-call/downloading/
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 4 of 28 (14,999 Views)

I think the reinstall worked!  Thanks!

BrittanyDC
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 28 (14,983 Views)

I have tried to re-install although on instaling the new version I'm told to close down Chrome, Chrome is not open and therefore I have to abort the set up eventually as I cannot close somethingthat is not open. I am having the same problem with uninstall "Click to call".

I am not really able to browse now with Chrome or IE, as it keeps crashing...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards...

00Richard00
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 28 (14,837 Views)

00Richard00,

You can uninstall Chrome >> then uninstall the Click to Call Plugin >> Reinstall Chrome.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 7 of 28 (14,817 Views)

Firstly, if you'd asked me a couple of years ago if I would EVER consider IE I would have said "Not only no but HELL NO". But guess what? Chrome is the easiest browser to hack/infect that is out there (not to mention "your" info becomes Google's info just like TwoFaceBook - suggest getting rid of both with extreme prejudice.

I still run Vista on this here machine because it took years to stabilize. With IE9 I've tried all the above and more. Nada. Suggestions? Anyone...anyone? Bueller?...

El_Barbie
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 28 (14,697 Views)

Re: Skype Click to Call Has Crashed

I am using the latest version and skype click to call on Chrome is still crashing chrome. I just wish I could find an older version that works. Anyone have any ideas? This has been going on for months so I don't trust skype to fix it. I am running windows 8 with the latestet updates to the OS, Skype, Chrome and Skype click to call. 

CarlDrogo
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 28 (12,931 Views)

Re: Skype Click to Call Has Crashed

I am running the lastest version of C2C and Chrome and it works, so please don't assume Skype will fix this when Skype may not even be the culprit (it would be a mistake to assume that Skype is at fault just because the issue may have manifested after upgrading Skype -- sounds logical but it isn't)

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 10 of 28 (12,923 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling