Skype Chat Lag

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Chat Lag

Hi there I've been having this problem for over a month now and I've tried various methods to try and fix it ranging from reinstalling Skype to renaming the Skype folder to "Old_Skype".

My problem is that whenever I try to IM chat with people--which is my main form of communication--if I go to anything else during this IM chat whether it be a web browser, a file on my computer, or even another skype chat room, skype begins to lag severely. The messages I type out after multitasking on my computer take triple the time for the computer to type all of it out into the chat box. So I have to wait and watch all my words slowly appear before I can send it or I have to simply not do anything else on my computer while I'm IMing someone. It's really gotten very annoying and I can't figure out why it's doing this since it was fine since day one up until a few weeks ago.

Any help would really be appreciated!

-Alci

Alci
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (4,388 Views)

Re: Skype Chat Lag

Try This.

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Visit the page and click the FixIT con.

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6075
Message 2 of 10 (4,376 Views)

Hey Tamim,

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it didn't work...I appreciate the help though! :happy:

-Alci

Alci
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (4,372 Views)

Try This.

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897

Visit the page and click the FixIT icon.

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6075
Message 4 of 10 (4,360 Views)

I have had this same issue. If you manage to find a solution i would love to hear it :happy:

chessycatt
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (4,224 Views)

Same with me.  I went back to a 5  version and problem cleared but its been like that for the last 3 versions so I am afraid to upgrade again and have shut off auto upgrade function.

tampasailor
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (1,375 Views)

Hey, I have the same problem since 3 days ago and Can't fix it.

Skype is not working now.

I have no old versions of Skype and I don't know what version should work.

Would you like to tell me what is the exact version is?

Many thanks

HoneyIb
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (1,010 Views)

HoneyIb wrote:

Hey, I have the same problem since 3 days ago and Can't fix it.

Skype is not working now.

I have no old versions of Skype and I don't know what version should work.

Would you like to tell me what is the exact version is?

Many thanks

Try to uninstall the currently installed version and install the 6.9.0.106 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.9.0.106.msi

After installing this version, make sure to disable the Automatic updates:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Automatic updates ->Turn off automatic updates

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6317
Message 8 of 10 (1,008 Views)

I also had same problem.  I reverted back to an older version and the problem cleared. Recently another skype upgrade came out and it seems to have cleared the problem and i note that audio is improved now too.  There have been windows upgrades in the meantime too.

tampasailor
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (998 Views)

Thank you guys for your information~

I really appreciate that~~~~

I am getting out of this problem right now~

Thanks~

HoneyIb
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (975 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling